530 years of art and culture in the Salzkammergut
First documented in 1492, Gmundner Keramik has become synonymous over the years with the best in Austrian tableware. Today part of our cultural heritage, its Green Flamed, Alpine Flowers, and other classic patterns are at home in countless households as part of the Austrian identity.
Gmundner Keramik opened its present location in 1903. In 1909, the “Franz and Emilie Schleiss Art Workshop” then marked the beginning of what makes the company so special to this day – the love of art.
Exhibitions and events as well as working stays and residencies for artists at Gmundner Keramik promote the passing on of artistic and technical expertise. Lively exchanges between employees, visitors, and artists are a hallmark of the Academy of Ceramics Gmunden (AoCG).